The works were carried out over a long weekend possession, requiring back to back shift co-ordination and organisation. With the strict deadline of works, it is important to ensure that the sufficient planning and process management, was carried out onto the site. Due to the sensitivity and high profile location, extra steps to ensure noise and material pollution was recorded and kept at a minimal. Requiring, the installation of 150m of soundproofing with sufficient volume monitoring.
A total of 3 platforms were gauged and re-designed, requiring a total meterage of 740 over the three. Removal and installation of 70 new network rail specification coping stones, in line with the design. Removal and disposal of the existing tarmac, in preparation of the install. With Orion re-instating 680 meters of tarmac, delivered within the tight deadline.
Scope of Works:
- Complete construction of adjustments in line with client re-design
- Replacement and adjustment of existing platform
- Replacement of adhesive and ceramic tactile
- Complete repainting of white and yellow line
- Gauging of platform to the standards set by Network Rail and Colas
- Complete new tarmac works for each platform
- Provide sound proofing and ventilation for the site of work